The Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, is a well known and regarded 3 star family hotel in the centre of the iconic and stunning fishing village of Baltimore, West Cork. The business is run by the second generation Jacob Family who began their enterprises in Baltimore in the 1970’s when Youen Jacob Senior sailed in from Brittany and married the local primary school teacher on Sherkin Island, Mary O’Neill. Together they started Chez Youen Seafood Restaurant on the main street in Baltimore which became a much loved institution known through the generations for it’s fabulous Shellfish Platters and seafood. In the 1990’s Youen Jacob Jnr took the helm down the street running a pizzeria and grill with rooms, offering affordable authentic food cooked to order and freshly prepared daily. The business evolved, in 2016. The Waterfront Hotel premises was built and Youen Jacob Jnr and his wife Kate, commenced a new chapter of the family business opening the 3 star Waterfront Hotel, The Lookout Restaurant and Jacob’s Bar with a sister business next door La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill. Today this business runs all year with an extremely busy food and beverage business with a marked seasonal trend running from Easter to the October Bank Holiday weekend. The winter months November to March are quieter and gives our team time to catch up on winter projects for the business and time to enjoy the slower pace of life in beautiful West Cork. The Jacob Family and their wonderful loyal long serving team deliver personal warm service to our many returning guests who over the years have fallen in love with The Waterfront and Baltimore. We enjoy the fast pace and excitement of the summer season contrasted with the time to reflect and enjoy our stunning surroundings during the off season.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We have full time permanent as well as fixed term positions for pizza and grill chefs. You will be servicing a very busy food and beverage business encompassing the food service area across Jacob’s Bar, our outdoor terrace areas and La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill and Take Away. You will answer to the senior chef on duty, management and office team. You will work closely with your colleagues across the food and beverage domain from the Duty Manager, Head Servers and general food and beverage servers. We do request that you are at least 18 years of age, have fluent English and your own reliable transport to Baltimore. Shifts run from early morning starts to late evening finishes and split shifts.
Renumeration reflects experience.
The purpose of your role is to prepare, cook and serve food ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef. To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including food labelling/dating and storage. To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef. To keep high standards of personal hygiene and a clean uniform. To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained. To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to. To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated. To keep high standards of cleanliness on your section and to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef or management. To be fully aware of all the health and safety at work regulations. To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen. To attend all meeting and training sessions as required. To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors. To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to. Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation. We do request that you are at least 18 years of age, have fluent English and your own reliable transport to Baltimore. Shifts run from early morning starts to late evening finishes and split shifts.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- To report to duty on time in the correct uniform maintaining a pristine level of personal hygiene at all times.
- Reporting to senior chef on duty.
- To attend induction training and ongoing service training.
- To ensure that your kitchen and work station areas are kept meticulously clean at all times.
- To adhere to HACCP systems and SOP’s around cleaning, maintenance and personal hygiene.
- Reporting and following up any maintenance issues that may arise.
- Have the initiative and presence of mind to report and follow up any machinery defects, hygiene issues or other matter that may hinder the safe production of food.
- To report to your superiors where possible take action on incidents or accidents or damage.
- To be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To execute opening, closing and handover procedures.
- Food preparation, dough preparation, toppings, soups, salads, desserts.
- To ensure all necessary mis-en-place are ready prior to service.
- Cooked to order food service, grill and pizza station (electric).
- To ensure all daily HACCP forms are signed are signed off diligently.
- Assisting with the training and encouragement of other kitchen staff.
- Working towards a pleasant and productive working environment for all the kitchen and service team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be notified to you by management.
If you have fluent English and are interested in working with a dynamic team from around the world please contact us with your C.V. and details of experience together with at least 3 reference names, their address, position and contact number.
All applications and correspondence in English please.