The Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, is a well known and regarded 3 star family hotel in the centre of the iconic and stunning fishing village of Baltimore, West Cork. The business is run by the second generation Jacob Family who began their enterprises in Baltimore in the 1970’s when Youen Jacob Senior sailed in from Brittany and married the local primary school teacher on Sherkin Island, Mary O’Neill. Together they started Chez Youen Seafood Restaurant on the main street in Baltimore which became a much loved institution known through the generations for it’s fabulous Shellfish Platters and seafood. In the 1990’s Youen Jacob Jnr took the helm down the street running a pizzeria and grill with rooms, offering affordable authentic food cooked to order and freshly prepared daily. The business evolved, in 2016. The Waterfront Hotel premises was built and Youen Jacob Jnr and his wife Kate, commenced a new chapter of the family business opening the 3 star Waterfront Hotel, The Lookout Restaurant and Jacob’s Bar with a sister business next door La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill. Today this business runs all year with an extremely busy food and beverage business with a marked seasonal trend running from Easter to the October Bank Holiday weekend. The winter months November to March are quieter and gives our team time to catch up on winter projects for the business and time to enjoy the slower pace of life in beautiful West Cork. The Jacob Family and their wonderful loyal long serving team deliver personal warm service to our many returning guests who over the years have fallen in love with The Waterfront and Baltimore. We enjoy the fast pace and excitement of the summer season contrasted with the time to reflect and enjoy our stunning surroundings during the off season.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We have full time permanent as well as fixed term positions for housekeeping assistants. You will be responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of a busy hotel accommodation section with 12 rooms as well as two restaurants, a bar, office, staff areas, a small laundry facility and general public areas. Housekeeping assistants have early morning starts and can usually expect to be finished by 4p.m. We have a reputation for an excellent standard of housekeeping, hygiene and attention to detail. We are looking for a hard working, dedicated and genuinely conscientious team of housekeepers who will be answerable to our Head Housekeeper and Duty Manager. We do request that you are at least 18 years of age, have fluent English and your own reliable transport to Baltimore.
Renumeration reflects experience.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a friendly and efficient accommodation and general housekeeping service throughout the hotel including our public, guest, staff general areas and guest accommodation areas. To be a reliable point of contact for the Head Housekeeper and Office team on all matters relating to standards of hygiene, maintenance and general wear and tear. To handle lost property with care and attention. To assist colleagues In the laundry department and to be a warm and welcoming and helpful presence for our residents and general guests throughout the building.
- To report to duty on time in the correct uniform. (10 minutes early is on time).
- Reporting to Head Housekeeper or Management on Duty.
- To carry out daily cleaning schedules as outlined in our standard operating procedures throughout the building in public, guest, staff and management areas.
- To clean rooms and bathrooms to the highest standards and procedures.
- To assist Head Laundry person with daily laundry and ironing duties as required.
- To assist Head House Keeper with the stock taking and ordering of housekeeping inventory as required.
- To adhere to HACCP, Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and carry out daily signing off and execution of same.
- To alert Head Housekeeper, Management and Maintenance of any issues that may need to be addressed in rooms or building e.g. broken items in need of repair, wear and tear observations, missing stock items from rooms etc.
- To package up and report lost property as per our SOP’s.
- To be discreet and efficient when dealing with guest requests or complaints and to be a reliable point of contact between guests and Office staff where appropriate.
- To be capable of correctly communicating hotel services and facilities to guests when required.
- To carry out customer relations policy.
- To report to your superiors where possible take action on incidents or accidents or damage.
- To carry out any other duties that may be notified to you by management
- To be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To attend all induction training and any other ongoing training that may be required by management.
If you have fluent English and are interested in working with a dynamic team from around the world please contact us with your C.V. and details of experience together with at least 3 reference names, their address, position and contact number.
All applications and correspondence in English please.