The Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, is a well known and regarded 3 star family hotel in the centre of the iconic and stunning fishing village of Baltimore, West Cork. The business is run by the second generation Jacob Family who began their enterprises in Baltimore in the 1970’s when Youen Jacob Senior sailed in from Brittany and married the local primary school teacher on Sherkin Island, Mary O’Neill. Together they started Chez Youen Seafood Restaurant on the main street in Baltimore which became a much loved institution known through the generations for it’s fabulous Shellfish Platters and seafood. In the 1990’s Youen Jacob Jnr took the helm down the street running a pizzeria and grill with rooms, offering affordable authentic food cooked to order and freshly prepared daily. The business evolved, in 2016. The Waterfront Hotel premises was built and Youen Jacob Jnr and his wife Kate, commenced a new chapter of the family business opening the 3 star Waterfront Hotel, The Lookout Restaurant and Jacob’s Bar with a sister business next door La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill. Today this business runs all year with an extremely busy food and beverage business with a marked seasonal trend running from Easter to the October Bank Holiday weekend. The winter months November to March are quieter and gives our team time to catch up on winter projects for the business and time to enjoy the slower pace of life in beautiful West Cork. The Jacob Family and their wonderful loyal long serving team deliver personal warm service to our many returning guests who over the years have fallen in love with The Waterfront and Baltimore. We enjoy the fast pace and excitement of the summer season contrasted with the time to reflect and enjoy our stunning surroundings during the off season.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
A rare opportunity has arisen for the position of Head Bar Person at the Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore. We are looking for proven work experience as a bartender along with any relevant training certificates that may apply. This is a busy food & beverage bar and outside terrace area. You will be required to be a well organized individual with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and meet the needs of all our customers from our loyal local clientele to our national and international visitors. This is not just a hotel bar, this is a vibrant, community pub, café and restaurant. You need to have excellent knowledge of wine, beer and spirits. Knowledge of a second language would be considered a plus. Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks. You will report to management and the office team. You will be involved with recruitment and training of food and beverage servers and other bar staff. You will be a reliable point of contact between customers and management, staff and management and between different departments throughout the hotel. You will manage the bar staff schedule and ensure there is sufficient cover for every shift. You will be involved in the stock taking and ordering for all bar stocks, cutlery, crockery, glassware, condiments etc. You will work in tandem with the Duty Manager and Head Servers on the food service side and work as a team throughout to ensure the best possible customer experience. We operate on a marked seasonal variation with the busy period building up between Easter and the October midterm break with seasonal pockets including midterm breaks and the New Year week. We enjoy a quieter more local pace of life during the off season periods. This is an evening role. Your presence as a senior member of our team during busy periods is tantamount. Your own reliable transport to work is a must along with fluent English. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Meet and Greet
- Bar and outdoor terrace areas presentation and care
- Liaison and team work across all departments & management to meet guest expectations
- Adhering to and administering training across all SOP’s and Health and Safety Protocols and HACCP System, Fire Regulations and security.
- Handling guest expectations and customer complaints according to our SOP’s and liaising with management where appropriate.
- To ensure all alcohol sales are within legislation and strict observance of same e.g. checking I.D.s, a wise and considered approach when dealing with those over intoxicated, handling rowdy behaviour or undue disturbances in a professional, effective and careful yet confident manner.
- End of day procedures and balancing tills.
- Lock up procedures including observing security protocols.
- Training of staff and delegation of staff duties and staff breaks.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies and overseeing a proven system for same when you are not on duty.
- Interact with customers, take orders, serve snacks and drinks
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
- Assess customers needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- To attend meetings/training sessions as required
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by management
If you have fluent English and are interested in working with a dynamic team from around the world please contact us with your C.V. and details of experience together with at least 3 reference names, their address, position and contact number.
All applications and correspondence in English please.