Food & Beverage Servers
The Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, is a well known and regarded 3 star family hotel in the centre of the iconic and stunning fishing village of Baltimore, West Cork. The business is run by the second generation Jacob Family who began their enterprises in Baltimore in the 1970’s when Youen Jacob Senior sailed in from Brittany and married the local primary school teacher on Sherkin Island, Mary O’Neill. Together they started Chez Youen Seafood Restaurant on the main street in Baltimore which became a much loved institution known through the generations for it’s fabulous Shellfish Platters and seafood. In the 1990’s Youen Jacob Jnr took the helm down the street running a pizzeria and grill with rooms, offering affordable authentic food cooked to order and freshly prepared daily. The business evolved, in 2016. The Waterfront Hotel premises was built and Youen Jacob Jnr and his wife Kate, commenced a new chapter of the family business opening the 3 star Waterfront Hotel, The Lookout Restaurant and Jacob’s Bar with a sister business next door La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill. Today this business runs all year with an extremely busy food and beverage business with a marked seasonal trend running from Easter to the October Bank Holiday weekend. The winter months November to March are quieter and gives our team time to catch up on winter projects for the business and time to enjoy the slower pace of life in beautiful West Cork. The Jacob Family and their wonderful loyal long serving team deliver personal warm service to our many returning guests who over the years have fallen in love with The Waterfront and Baltimore. We enjoy the fast pace and excitement of the summer season contrasted with the time to reflect and enjoy our stunning surroundings during the off season.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We have full time permanent as well as fixed term positions for food and beverage servers right across all our departments. Whether you are looking for something permanent or a summer job and/or weekend position we are interested in you. We do request that you are at least 18 years of age, have fluent English and your own reliable transport to Baltimore. Shifts run from early morning starts to late evening finishes and split shifts.
Renumeration reflects experience.
During the season this is a fast paced environment with an extremely busy food and beverage business across Jacob’s Bar our outdoor terrace areas and La Jolie Brise Pizzeria and Grill. We serve food & beverages all day to late 7 days a week as well as operating a busy take away business.
In addition we have a high end Seafood Restaurant running out of its own dedicated kitchen and restaurant area where we employ a dedicated and experienced team. This restaurant is open on a seasonal basis and specialises in seafood. Operating in the evenings 5 days a week.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a friendly and efficient service within the bar, outdoor terrace areas and inside our pizzeria area dispensing orders accurately, with courtesy to the standard required according to our own standard operating procedures as well as to standards outlined in legislation around, health & safety and food safety. You will answer to your Duty Manager and Head Servers. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- To report to duty on time in the correct uniform. (10 minutes early is on time).
- Reporting to Duty Manager and/or Head Server/ Head Bar Person on duty.
- To attend induction training and ongoing service training.
- To ensure that the bar and restaurant areas and outside terrace areas are kept clean at all times.
- To adhere to HACCP systems and SOP’s around cleaning, maintenance and personal hygiene.
- Responsible for the efficient dispensing and serving of drinks and food where required.
- To carry out customer relations policy.
- To deal with guest requests or complaints in an efficient manner in adherence with policy and under the supervision of your head server / head bar person or duty manager.
- To report to your superiors where possible take action on incidents or accidents or damage.
- To carry out any other duties that may be notified to you by management
- During peak times or staff shortages it may be necessary for you to transfer to other departments in the hotel, to understand the need for flexibility and team work in this regard.
- To be aware and comply with company policy regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
If you have fluent English and are interested in working with a dynamic team from around the world please contact us with your C.V. and details of experience together with at least 3 reference names, their address, position and contact number.
All applications and correspondence in English please.